Jun 29, 2007
Computing articles featured in this month's CERN Courier
The articles listed below appear in the June issue of CERN Courier. Full-text articles and the rest of the issue’s contents are available at cerncourier.com.
- French LCG steadily ramps up Members of the French section of the LCG project meet to discuss progress.
- CERN wins prize for storage systems implementation Computerworld recognises ALICE data-acquisition system with award.
- PACE makes way for European collaboration A new initiative will ensure that important research has access to supercomputers.
- CERN openlab gains new contributor The information-technology service provider EDS joins CERN openlab.
- Thin clients use less energy at work Studies show that thin clients consume up to 50% less electricity.
- GridPP extends to deal with LHC data PPARC enables GridPP to run until 2011.